Buying or Selling a Home
Buying or selling a home is usually a very exciting event but it can also be stressful. For most people, purchasing or selling real estate in the form of a home is one of the largest financial transactions of their lives because of the financial and legal factors involved. With so much at stake, it is best to consult with a Real Estate attorney to help you through the process.
Whether you are buying, selling, upgrading or downsizing, a real estate attorney like the Law Office of Roy Neal Linnartz, PLLC can give you legal guidance to help you through the process.
Services for Buyers of Real Estate:
• Assistance in negotiating the contract or purchase price
• Review the Real Estate contract and explain the terms
• Review ancillary documents to your Real Estate transaction such as mortgages, settlement statements, title commitments and tax documents
• File and register legal documents related to your Real Estate transaction
• Attend closing and answer questions you may have
Services for Sellers of Real Estate:
• Assistance in negotiating the contract or sales price
• Prepare the Real Estate sales contract
• Review and explain Real Estate contracts prepared by real estate agents
• Resolve title issues
• Represent you at closing and answer your questions
*We will not represent both buyer and seller in the same transaction.
Eliminate the stress of buying or selling Real Estate by having a Real Estate Attorney advise you and assist you. Call the Law Office of Roy Neal Linnartz, PLLC to schedule an appointment, 830.625.9300.
Buying or Leasing Land
Whether you are buying or leasing land for a home site, grazing, farming, hunting, commercial, industrial, development or some other purpose, you want to know that you are getting what was promised in the handshake. Make sure that your Real Estate purchase or lease is everything you think it is; contact a Real Estate Attorney to help you negotiate, prepare or review your documents and guide you through the transaction. The Law Office of Roy Neal Linnartz, PLLC can help you by offering the following services:
- Negotiation of agreements and contracts
- Drafting and preparing documents for the transaction
- Earnest money contracts
- Purchase agreements
- Development agreements
- Construction agreements
- Lease agreements
- Loan Agreements
- Utility service agreements
- Review Real Estate sale or lease contracts and explain the terms
- Represent you at closing to answer question and explain documents
- Represent you when signing a lease to explain documents and the interest conveyed
When buying or leasing land, make sure you get what is promised in the handshake by having a Real Estate Attorney advise you and assist you. Call the Law Office of Roy Neal Linnartz, PLLC to schedule an appointment, 830.625.9300.
Landlord/Tenant & Evictions
The landlord and tenant relationship in Texas is part statutory and part contractual. Perhaps you are a landlord and want to rent your property buy you are worried about your lease and the terms in it. Maybe you are a landlord and need to evict a tenant. Whatever the case may be, you need to have a Real Estate Attorney that can make sure that your interests are protected. The Law Office of Roy Neal Linnartz, PLLC can offer the following services to landlords and tenants:
- Drafting and preparing rental/lease agreements for the landlord to protect your property
- Correspondence for landlords
- Evictions for landlords
*We will not represent both landlord and tenant in the same transaction or on the same property.
Basic Landlord/Tenant Law:
- Landlord must give tenants at least 3 days written notice (unless written lease provides for a shorter period) before filing an eviction suit
- Landlord must give tenant at least 10 days written notice (unless written lease provides for a shorter period) before filing an eviction suit if the landlord intends to recover attorney fees
- Eviction suits are filed in the Justice Court with jurisdiction over the location where the rented or leased real property is located
- Texas Property Code § 92 covers landlord and tenant relationships
- Texas Property Code § 91 covers lease termination
- Texas Property Code § 24 covers evictions
- Texas Property Code § 54 covers landlord liens
- Texas Property Code § 94 covers manufactured/mobile home parks
Whether you are a landlord or a tenant, a Real Estate Attorney can advise you and assist you with your rights. Call the Law Office of Roy Neal Linnartz, PLLC to schedule an appointment, 830.625.9300.
Home Owners’ Associations (HOA) and Property Owners’ Associations (POA)
Creating a Home Owners Association (HOA) or Property Owners’ Association (POA)? Need help enforcing the covenants, restrictions and rules for your HOA or POA? Does your HOA or POA need advice regarding the duties and obligations of the Association? Do you need help enforcing the covenants, restrictions and rules that homeowners are not complying with? You need a Real Estate Attorney that can help you create, understand and enforce your HOA or POA.
While there are several statutes that control Property Owners’ Associations, below are some of the most relevant:
- Texas Property Code § 204 covers what a Property Owners’ Association is and what they do
- Texas Property Code § 207 covers disclosure requirements of a POA
- Texas Property Code § 209 covers the operation of a POA
If you creating, interpreting or enforcing covenants, restrictions and rules in a Home Owners Association (HOA) or Property Owners’ Association (POA), you need a Real Estate Attorney to advise you. Call the Law Office of Roy Neal Linnartz, PLLC to schedule an appointment, 830.625.9300.